Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I just mind the incredible number of bloody horrific drivers"

So today was our last day in Florence. We had a lot to do today because we planned to go to the Uffizi gallery yesterday, but then learned that everyhingggg in Italy is closed on Mondays. So we had to squish in a bunch of activities into today, our last day here.

Last night we left our walking around to come home, only to be drenched in a tremendous rainstorm. Again, I had to protect my leather bag and all of my electronics within it. After about two hours of being completely lost in the pouring rain and probably walking the entire perimeter of florence, we made it back. In the process, however, I completely soaked my good walking shoes, and today had to wear a flimsy pair of flats from payless instead.

So today we woke up early and took a bus into Greve in Chianti. The bus ride made me incredibly carsick, which made it hard to walk around once we arrived. But it was sooo beautiful. It's a gorgeous little countryside town of Tuscany, with terra-cotta houses. I decided I'm moving there when I retire.
Anyway, then we took the bus back and walked from the train station to the uffizi gallery. When we arrived we waited on line for almost an hour, and then finally paid the ten euros to get in. We had painfully made the decision to go into this gallery instead of going to see the David, because we Both were so excited about all the famous Renaissance art, and also special Caravaggio exhibit, and we didn't have time to do both. Sadly enough, the museum was a terrible disappointment. Most of the renaissance art we were expecting was not there, and the caravaggio exhibit was just ONE painting!!! We left very sad and disappointed.
Tomorrow we leave for Venice early in the AM, so I should get to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment