So, I have a mere 10 days left in London now. THANK.GOD. That's all I have to say. I won't bore you again with all the reasons why I want to come home, but I will just tell you that I have watched about 35 netflix movies since Monday, and leave it at that.
Anyway, life has been pretty normal, winding down on my 8 papers. I have handed in 4 now, and I am currently procrastinating from finishing up my 7th. My nursing applications are also due next week, which is stressing me out. But, on December 15th (only 6 days from now!!) all my papers and applications will be handed in!
So Monday was my 21st birthday. It was a really relaxing day, which I have to say was nice, although contrary to a typical American 21st birthday. I decided that I would rather wait to celebrate until I return to DC, and I don't have to pay 20 quid to get in somewhere. Emily and I went ot class that day, then came home and roasted a chicken for dinner. It was delish again! And I have to say, Genna I don't know if you read this but I am turning into a GREAT cook. hahahah beware to anyone living in the berks next semester! just kidding, I'm really getting good :)
Then on Tuesday, Emily took me to see a Christmas Carol for my present! It was without a doubt the FUNNIEST version of that play I have ever seen. It was some sort of arts school production in a pub. Yes, the theater was actually a pub. And the actors had no props or sound effects or anything. So, they made the sound effects and props themselves. When they opened a door they all said "Eeeeeek!" and then when they closed it, it was "SLAM!" "Lockeylockeylock" was the sound to lock a door, of course. Needless to say I was cracking up the whole time.
Since then we've been laying pretty low.. I've had a bad case of staring at my paper and not writing anything for hours on end. Hopefully in the next few days I will power through and just finish them up! On Saturday, Emily's friend is coming to visit, so that will distract us for a while. We are going out Saturday night as our final goodbye drinks to London. And Sunday we are going down to this adorable pub by the Tower Bridge to have a Sunday Roast! So excited. And then we will truly be in the homestretch. Which is great because if I eat pretzels or cheese as a meal one more time I think I'm going to turn into one.
No comments:
Post a Comment