Thursday, October 28, 2010

Krackawheat - good for you, good for me

I am officially the worst blogger ever. I have failed for nearly the last month to update! I think its because the excitement died down for a bit, and then picked up a lot and I just fell off the earth. Anyway, here's the update:
So I started school! After the longest most complicated registration process on the entire planet, we got our classes and have now been in class for four weeks. Everything is pretty boring, for the most part, and I have concluded that the English are the weirdest most non-sensible graders in all the world. Next week is our last week of 2 hour classes, then we have a week off and then 1 hour classes haha.
That weekend we went to Notting Hill. It wasn't quite as quaint as the movie, and the little bookstore where Hugh Grant works is apparently not real. It was a cute little market though, and I somehow managed to restrain myself from buying anything. That week Elsha came, but I only got to see her once because she was so busy.

The next weekend we went to Edinburgh, Scotland!! It was really, really beautiful there, but colddddd. Every building there is gorgeous - every single one has that blackened gothic architecture- restaurants, stores, houses, etc.  We walked around the town the first day, and then went to a pub and got SAND BUCKETS! They served you drinks literally in a sand bucket with a straw. It was fantastic.
The next day, we went to see the Edinburgh Castle. It was pretty expensive to get in, and there was a huge line so we decided against it. It was beautiful though. It is up on a big hill and its that really beautiful Scottish stone.
That night we went back again to the pub for sand buckets. Then on Sunday, we hiked up a mountain to Arthur's Seat. From there we could see all of Edinburgh and it was absolutely breathtaking. It's a very small city, but it was still a wonderful view.
Later that day we took the train home. The week when we returned, Camille was visiting! And although we took no pictures, we did a lot of walking around, catching up and checking out the city. It was a great time! I was very happy to see her after our month long separation from backpacking.
This past weekend, Emily and I stayed in and wrote papers for school. We have 8 papers to write for the semester, so we figured we'd get started so we don't have to scramble at the end of the term. We also went to Primark, as my only pair of boots had lost their soles, and it was making it difficult to get around. I purchased a new skirt and a wonderful new pair of boots! It was a great success, as it always is at Primark.
Tomorrow I have to register for spring term classes at AU. I spent most of the week dealing with this disaster, but I think now things should go smoothly. This weekend we are taking it easy, and then on Saturday going to Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster. And next week I go see Emma in PRAGUE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment