Saturday, October 2, 2010

Forecast? Rain. Heavy rain. Light rain. Scattered showers.

This last week has gone by so fast I have done so many things! I will try to give a brief overview of the past week.
Monday we went to the museum of natural history and the science museum. They. Were. Awesome. The museum of natural history had so many cool exhibits - I actually especially enjoyed the dinosaur one, which is slightly strange because i'm not usually a huge fan of dinosaurs but this was just so cool!
So we saw all the exhibits there - mammals, fish (ick), reptiles, etc. Then we made our way to the science museum. It was pretty cool, but my favorite exhibit was the last one. It was called the history of medicine, and it had all these rooms with wax people as doctors and patients showing how dentistry, surgery, childbirth, etc. has changed throughout the years. It was reallllllly cool and interesting! (Maybe just to me, but whatever)

Anyway, on Tuesday we went to register for classes. I will cut to the chase and tell you now, no, we still did not actually register that day. We had to go meet with our "affiliate tutor" to get approved for the classes we wanted to take. The really efficient system they had was.. oh, wait none. So all the studnets showed up at the same time and met with the tutor one by one by one. We waited over an hour and were the 4th and 5th people in line!! Anyway, then we went home and tried to register and of course it didn't work. We in fact are now less than 36 hours away from the start of class and still do not have any classes. Monday will be interesting.

Wednesday we went to see Genna!! She took us to her house which is huge and gorgeous and kicks our tiny excuse for an apartment's ass all the way to China. We hung out most of the day at her house, meeting her flatmates and just doing whatever we felt like it in a HUGE HOUSE. That night, we made our way through the pouring rain to a chinese restaurant that the guy at Carphone Warehouse had recommended to us. It was delicioussssss. I had been craving chinese food like no other since I got here and it hit the spot.

Thursday, Emily and I headed down to Leicester Square to buy some half price theatre tickets! After quite a bit of scouting and haggling, we purchased our tickets to Chicago for us and Genna for 19.50. Not too bad. We got all dressed up that night and went to the play! It was really fantastic! Afterwards, we went out for a casual drink (cause we can do that now). Overall it was a very fun night.

Friday we decided to take a very risky trip back to Primark. I can't remember if I wrote about Primark last time we went, but it is kind of like Walmart. But its TREMENDOUS. Like racks and people everywhere in every direction running around, trying things on, its just chaos. It kind of makes me want to sit in a corner and cry, but also makes me want to run around and buy everything. Its super cheap, so I wanted to head back, as I currently own 4 shirts, and laundry is just too much of a hassle every 4 days. So we figured out the bus system because the tube is too expensive (or so we thought) and we went to find the bus stop. This day it was raining (as usual) and the winds were about 16 mph. In the first 3 minutes outside I got literally dragged down the street by my umbrella. We looked for about 15 minutes and then gave up and decided to call it a day and go inside and just chill for the afternoon. I spent the day cuddled in bed watching Grey's :)

And finally today, we went to Camden Market. For those in DC, its kind of like Eastern Market, but 10,000 times bigger and better. Its absolutely huge. We spent 4 hours there and didn't even make a dent. I am extremely proud of myself that I only made 4 purchases. It is just filled with everything you could ever want - clothes, handmade jewelry, furniture, tapestries, shoes, trinkets, paintings, food- I'm serious it goes on and on. I literally shopped till I dropped today. It was really fun and I bought a cute little scottish looking skirt, a ring, a headband and some nice incense so our apartment can smell nice and homey. Tonight we had dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant with a new friend! (the italian food here hurts me in comparison to Italy, but dinner was very good)
Tomorrow, we are staying in because all public transportation workers are on strike. Apparently this happens a lot. Welcome to walking in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment